Blarney Castle & Gardens Photography Competition 2017
1st Prize €1500
2nd Prize € 1000
3rd Prize €500
Guidelines for the competition
- Your photos must be in landscape format or portrait format
- All photos must be taken at Blarney Castle & Gardens
- Entries can be taken on anything from a smartphone to professional DSLRs, but please note that DRONE PHOTOGRAPHY IS PROHIBITED
- Your photos must have a resolution of at least 300dpi
- Please ask permission if someone is going to be in the photo
How to enter
- Simply email your best photos to email@example.com along with your name, address and contact details
- There’s no limit on the number of entries you can make
- Closing Date for the competition is the 31st of Aug 2018
- Please read the terms and conditions at the bottom of this page before you enter
- By submitting an entry, you’re confirming that you accept these terms and conditions and the understanding that Blarney Castle can use the photo as listed in the terms and conditions
Terms & Conditions
- This competition is open to all except for employees of Blarney Castle & Gardens, their families or anyone else associated with this competition.
- All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all terms and conditions are adhered to. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Our winning selection is final.
- Entries should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org only. Image files (from both digital cameras and smartphones) need to be a minimum of 300dpi. Any number of images may be submitted. Entrants must supply their name, email address and contact information.
- All entries must be received by 23:59 on the 31st of August 2018. Late, incomplete or corrupt entries will not be accepted.
- Entrants under the age of 16 must obtain the consent of a parent or guardian prior to submitting any images.
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere (excluding social media) or have won a prize in any other photographic competition.
- The pictures must be taken at Blarney Castle & Gardens.
- It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the consent of anyone who is in the photo.
- Entrants must ensure that the photographs they are submitting are their own work.
- Entrants will retain copyright and moral rights in their submitted images however, by entering, all entrants:
- grant Blarney Castle & Gardens non-exclusive rights to use the images for promotional material and souvenir items.
- grant the Blarney Castle & Gardens non-exclusive rights to use the images to promote the competition the images were submitted to or for similar future competitions within a five-year period of the winners of the competition being announced;
- Blarney Castle & Gardens will endeavour to credit the photographer whenever his or her image is used and published.