Welcome to Blarney Castle, the home of the Blarney Stone
Built nearly six hundred years ago by one of Ireland’s greatest chieftans, Cormac MacCarthy, and has been attracting attention ever since. Over the last few hundred years, millions have flocked to Blarney making it a world landmark and one of Ireland’s greatest treasures.
Now that might have something to do with the Blarney Stone, the legendary Stone of Eloquence, found at the top of our tower. Kiss it and you’ll never again be…
Ours is a beguiling history that stretches back across the generations. Find out more about the Castle, who built it, and some of its more colourful inhabitants.read more
Plan Your Visit
Castle & Gardens Open All Year Round!
Tickets & Prices
Buy in advance online.
Our locations is easy to spot from most parts of the city
Explore the entire gardens, mystical rock close, dungeons, caves, lake walk & much more!
|Jan/Feb/Mar||9.00am - 5.00pm (Last Admission 4.00pm)|
|Apr||9.00am to 5.30pm (Last Admission 4.30pm)|
|May/Jun/Jul/Aug/Sep||9.00am to 6.00pm (Last Admission 5.00pm)|
|Oct||9.00am to 5.30pm (Last Admission 4.30pm)|
|Nov/Dec||9.00am to 5.00pm (Last Admission 4.00pm)|
|Dec 24th & Dec 25th||Closed|
|Dec 26th & Jan 1st||10.00am to 5.00pm (Last Admission 4.00pm)|
Book your Tickets!
Buy tickets in advance online or at our ticket office on arrival. We do not have timed slots.
|Student/Seniors (65 years and over)||€16|
|Children (6-16 years / 5 & under free) (Must be accompanied by an Adult)||€9|
|Family (2 adults + 2 children)||€50|
|Souvenir Audio Guide||€6|
Directions & Travel Information
Blarney Castle is situated in Blarney Village which is 8 km northwest from Cork city in the South of Ireland. See the map below for more details.
Directions from Cork Airport
- From Airport follow signs for City Centre
- From City Centre follow signs for Limerick (N20)
- Travel for 7 km; exit left (signposted Blarney)
- Arrive at Blarney
Directions from Shannon
- By Car: Follow the road to Limerick. Then follow signs for Mallow and take the turn off before Cork City to Blarney.
- By Bus: There is a direct bus from Shannon Airport to Cork City, check out www.buseireann.ie for information on bus timetables.
There are no direct routes via train from Shannon to Cork.
Directions from Dublin
- By Car: It takes 3-4 hours to get from Dublin to Cork. Take the N8 motorway and follow the signs south for Cork, then on to Blarney.
- Public Transport: Trains leave for Cork on a regular basis. Check www.irishrail.ie for further information on timetables. Or phone Kent Train Station, Cork; Telephone + 353 21 456 766 www.buseireann.ie for bus timetables Aircoach: a bus leaves Dublin airport eight times a day directly for Cork, it is the cheapest way but can take anywhere from 5-7 hours depending on traffic. See www.aircoach.ie for more information.
Our Most Popular Places
There are those who think that you come to Blarney Castle only to see the stone. But most leave knowing that the Blarney Stone is only a part of our attraction. Scroll down and have a look at the other interesting things to see and do while you are with us!
The Stone of Eloquence
For over 200 years, world statesmen, literary giants, and legends of the silver screen have joined the millions of pilgrims climbing the steps to kiss the Blarney Stone and gain the gift of eloquence…Read More