We're looking forward to welcoming you...
Opening Times & Rates
Explore the entire gardens, mystical rock close gardens, dungeons, caves, lake walk & much more!
|All year round|
|9am – 5.30pm (Last Admission 4.30pm)|
PLEASE NOTE: Closed on the 24th and 25th of December. On the 26th December 2020 and 1st of January 2021 we will be opening 10.00am to 4.30pm (Last Admission 3.30pm).
Times subject to change due to bad weather/poor light.
Closing times on a bank holiday Monday are the same as a Sunday.
Carpark operates at same opening times as listed above
The Castle, Rock Close Gardens and Lakeland Walk are open all year, except Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Dogs are not permitted in any part of the estate, however guide dogs and care dogs are still welcome
Book your Tickets!
Buy in advance and take advantage of our online discount. You can buy tickets online for Blarney Castle by clicking below. If you have any queries, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.
|Blarney Castle Visitor Rates 2021 Book your tickets now!|
|Adult Admission||€16 (Normally €18)|
|Student/Seniors||€13 (Normally €14)|
|Children (8-16 years / under 8 free)||€7 (Normally €8)|
|Family (2 adults + 2 children)||€40 (Normally €45)|
|Souvenir Audio Guide||€6|
|Tour Leaders must stay with student groups while visiting the castle, otherwise they will not be allowed kiss the stone.
Any children 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
Visit Blarney Castle and Gardens as many times as you wish - find out more about our Season Tickets here.
Guidebooks are available in English, Spanish, German, Italian, French and Chinese.
Please contact the office on 021-4385252 for access to the Castle for the purpose of Wedding Photography.
Blarney Castle is situated in Blarney Village which is 8 km northwest from Cork city in the South of Ireland. See the map below for more details.
Directions from Cork Airport
- From Airport follow signs for City Centre
- From City Centre follow signs for Limerick (N20)
- Travel for 7 km; exit left (signposted Blarney)
- Arrive at Blarney
Directions from Shannon
- By Car: Follow the road to Limerick. Then follow signs for Mallow and take the turn off before Cork City to Blarney.
- By Bus: There is a direct bus from Shannon Airport to Cork City, check out www.buseireann.ie for information on bus timetables.
There are no direct routes via train from Shannon to Cork.
Directions from Dublin
- By Car: It takes 3-4 hours to get from Dublin to Cork. Take the N8 motorway and follow the signs south for Cork, then on to Blarney.
- Public Transport: Trains leave for Cork on a regular basis. Check www.irishrail.ie for further information on timetables. Or phone Kent Train Station, Cork; Telephone + 353 21 456 766 www.buseireann.ie for bus timetables Aircoach: a bus leaves Dublin airport eight times a day directly for Cork, it is the cheapest way but can take anywhere from 5-7 hours depending on traffic. See www.aircoach.ie for more information.
Do you accept credit cards?
Yes we accept Visa and Mastercard. €20 minimum at Ticket Office.
Do you have guide maps available?
Maps are available in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Chinese. Please ask our staff if you require a map other than English.
Do you have audio guides available?
We have audio guides available in English. Cost €6.
How long does it take to visit the Castle & Gardens?
We would recommend 3 hours to visit both the Castle & Gardens.
Do you have a cafe on site?
Yes, we have a cafe, (no.12 on your map) and a coffee hut just inside this entrance.
Are the Castle & Gardens wheelchair accessible?
The Castle is not accessible but a portion of the grounds/gardens are. If you have a disability, please alert our staff as there is no charge for entry.
Is a student/college I.D. required?
Yes to purchase a student ticket.
What age qualifies for a child ticket?
Child ticket is age 8-16. Any children under 8 are free.
Are dogs allowed?
No. Dogs are not allowed except for guide dogs/assistance dogs.
Can Children kiss the stone?
Yes, but kids under the age of 8 are up to the discretion of the staff member.
Are bicycles allowed?
No, bicycles, scooters, roller blades or any ball games are not allowed within the park.